Sunday, June 8, 2008

Welcome to Hoosier Country

On Monday, June 2nd, I left Weeping Water, Nebraska and made the loooooooooong drive through the flatlands of Iowa, through Illionis past Chicago, and into northeastern Indiana to my best friend Jerry's place. Total time that day was about 14 hours, with stops. All of this driving was also done without the use of cruise control. Turns out that a recall notice was issued by Chrysler on a lock spring in the steering wheel area that if and WHEN it failed the airbag light would stay on and the horn and cruise control would not work. I was able to validate that recall and so while I was still in Iowa, I made an appointment to get it fixed in Indiana when I got there. The appointment was for Tuesday and since the part had to be brought in from Chicago, the van was ready for pickup on Wednesday and everything works perfect once again.

The Bauers ~ Conner, Jill, Jerry, and Chandler


Jerry, his wife Jill, and their son's Chandler and Conner spoiled me while I was there. Jerry took a few days off and since the boys were already out of school we spent our days by the pool, sitting around the fire pit, going fishing but only catching frogs, and just enjoying the time hanging out together and talking.

The Indiana weather called for at least a 70% chance of rain and storms everyday while I was there but it held off until I got to Pennsylvania. Life and the weather was definitely good while I was there. Huntington Indiana is about an hour and half north of Indianapolis and to the best of my knowledge they haven't been hit with any of the flooding issues up their way.

I look forward to seeing them all again in July when Sierra and I make our way back to Idaho.

No comments: