Saturday, June 21, 2008

Its Summer Solstice, even In Washington D.C

Happy 1st day of Summer. I left Philipsburg Pennsylvania today about 1:30pm and headed south for an uneventful 3 hour and 45 minute drive to Reagan International Airport in Washington DC. I am now sitting in the airport waiting for Sierra's Alaska Airline flight to arrive from Seattle. I am getting excited to see her. Diana called me after Sierra's plane took off in Seattle and told me that they both handled her leaving very well and now Diana is on her way back to Boise, via Portland Oregon. Kyle had Saturday football practice and will be spending the rest of the day with his best friend, Jackson, and his family until Diana makes it back to Nampa Idaho to pick him up.

After Sierra arrives, we are heading east to Annapolis Maryland and will spend the night in a hotel and then tomorrow we head about 2 hours south to Ocean City Maryland for a couple of days enjoying and relaxing on the Atlantic Coast. I reserved a hotel room right on the boardwalk for us for a couple of nights and it will be good to spend some quality daughter/daddy time. She is my beach bum partner and so I am sure that we will have an awesome time.

No comments: