Saturday, June 7, 2008

I am not in Kansas anymore Toto!!!!

Sunday morning, June 1st, I left Wichita amongst the black clouds and rainy weather and after running to Wal-Mart and buying a new headlight bulb and replacing it in the store parking lot, I headed north to Weeping Water Nebraska, south of Omaha to spend the rest of the day and evening with the best man at Diana and I's wedding, Ed, and his family.

Ed is now a retired Master Sergeant in the United States Air Force and is living his dream of being a farmer, while having the security right now of working as a civilian out at Offutt Air Force Base. He and his family live on almost 5 acres in a nice setting on a dead end street. Its a perfect location. When I arrived, Ed was clearing some brush and trees and doing his "farmer" chores. After a nice and relaxing dinner prepared by Robyn outside under one of the walnut or locust trees we got things cleaned up and then Ed gave me the grand tour of the farm. The 20 plus chickens weren't impressed by my presence but soon ignored me just the same. It was nice to see all of the gardens that Ed has planted and listen to his vision of what he wants to someday soon do fulltime in the farming industry. He is well on his way and with Ed's determination and drive I know he will reach his goals and be very successful at his business. Its good to see that someone knows what he is supposed to be doing. Hence, the reason for my journey...........



Robyn home schools their three children; twins Megan and Madeline and their son Joshua and is an awesome pianist. In fact, Robyn played all the music at Diana and I's wedding. I didn't get a chance to hear Robyn play her baby grand piano but hope too in July when I come through Nebraska again on the way back to Idaho. The time Ed and I had talking about old times over a few beers in the barn was a nice and relaxing ending to a great day.


The Milligans ~ Megan, Ed, Joshua, Madeline, and Robyn

No comments: