Friday, June 20, 2008

Welcome to the Grand Ole Opry

Saturday night mom and I had a nice evening at the Grand Ole Opry House and enjoyed a nice show watching such stars as Little Jimmy Dickens, Jean Shepperd, Marty Stuart and even Michael Jackson's brother who crossed over into country music, Jermaine Jackson. We also were present when the Southern Blues Band called the Carolina Chocolate Drops made their Nashville debut and they even got a standing ovation. It was a neat experience and they were very good.

Here is mom and I outside the Opry House before the show.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're lucky. I went to the second show. Jermaine was on the program, but didn't perform. I was upset. The Chocolate Drops were incredible! With all due respect to old-timers like Jimmy Dickens, I wish they would yank him. His voice doesn't do it for me anymore.