Friday, November 28, 2008

All good things must come to an end....sort of

Today is the last weekday of me being outsourced/laid off. My new job with the State of Idaho at the Department of Health and Welfare begins on Monday at 8 a.m.

It was a good day today. With the help from the kids, we went up into the attic and got down all of the Christmas decorations, lights, and tree and spent most of the day outside in the cool sunshine, stringing up the lights on the eves of the house. Sierra even got up on the roof with me and handed me the strands of lights while I attached them. Its amazing how fast the whole process took with help.

While up on the roof I had to admire all the work that we have put into the pool, deck, and bamboo garden and I just had to take a picture of it from the air.



Being that Thanksgiving was yesterday and with the new job about to begin, I was able to capture some quiet time by sitting up on the highest part of the roof and basically reflect on the past six months and a few days since The Journey began. Let me tell you, its been an awesome journey. These past months have validated that I am truly Too Blessed to be Stressed and that I am doing the right things with my life. I also realize with each passing day that I am very blessed by having Diana, Kyle, and Sierra in my life. I have a wonderful family back in Pennsylvania, and an extended in law family now here in the Treasure Valley of Idaho. My true friends mean the world to me and even though with some of them we don't get to see each other all of the time, we do enjoy each time that we can be together. My gratitude to God and all his gifts to me isn't just given/shown during this Thanksgiving holiday time but daily.

Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It looks awesome Steve!! Now I want a picture of all the lights at night. Good luck with your job on Monday and we are thankful we got to know you!