Saturday, May 31, 2008

"Off to see the ......."

Cousins. It was an uneventful drive yesterday from Colorado Springs Colorado to Wichita Kansas. The scenery was about the same, flat farm lands, but I made it to my cousin Mary's in about the suggested time according to Google Maps. Since I got here alittle later than expected we went right to dinner since we all were pretty hungry. Went to a nice burger place and got to ride in Mary's new Volkswagon GTI (I think that is what it is). Nice car and the first 6 speed that I have seen. After dinner we came back to the house, the boys showed me their tree swing and how they can jump off the top of the house without breaking any part of their body. They both have "long boards" that they zoom down the road and are quite good with them. To be that agile again. Ha, Ha. The evening was relaxing with us sitting around their daylight basement where it was cooler and just talking and relaxing. We then were able to watch their version of COPS, Wichita style, the commentary was the best.

It thundered stormed in the middle of the night and I noticed the wet roads this morning but it will be a good day. I think some of Marcus's family is coming over this afternoon for a visit and I plan on taking some pictures and will post them as I can.

No comments: