Thursday, May 29, 2008

In Colorado Springs

Arrived in Colorado Springs about 5:30pm Wednesday afternoon. I haven't been to Colorado since 1988 when I was in the Air Force and was in retraining tech school and forgot how beautiful the state is. Passing through Denver just before rush hour wasn't as bad as I expected. President Bush was here in Colorado Springs for the Air Force Academy graduation, which is located about 20 miles from where my friends live, but I missed all of that traffic as well.

I am staying with our friends Joe and Mutsuko Colunga while here in Colorado. Last night after a nice dinner prepared by Mutsuko we relaxed and enjoyed some visiting and then played some Rock Band video game. It is so nice to see all of them again after about 6 years when we last got together during my San Antonio Texas trip. The Colunga children; Tomas, Velia (twins ~ age 11, and Diego (who will be 9 next month) are great kids and this morning for breakfast, Diego, even made me one of his famous cheese omelets. It was delicious. Joe is a Major in the Air Force Reserve and had to go to work today because of the Staff Assistance Visit that is being done and so Mutsuko and I and the boys will hang out and run some errands and enjoy the day. Velia spent the night at a friend's house last night and is going to be hanging out with her friends today. She reminds me of another soon to be 12 year old that I know, with her social calendar.

Stay tuned for some pictures, after I get batteries for my digital camera today.

1 comment:

MoJo said...

I am still looking for that song...."Home"

How about this one?
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/beef5df4

Let me know,
Mutsuko